Pine Lake is the smallest city in DeKalb County, Georgia, United States. The population was 730 at the 2010 census.
Pine Lake was established as a city in December 1937, after a short life as a summer retreat run by the Pine Woods Corporation. The corporation sold lots around a small fishing lake to Atlantans who lived in (then) faraway areas like Buckhead for use as a weekend retreat. The 20' x 100' lots sold for $69, and the advertisement for lots directed people "from Decatur down the [unpaved] Rockbridge Road East." Many homeowners continued to use their property as a weekend getaway long after the city incorporated. Prior to development, Pine Lake was a portion of a farm. The lake was formerly a widened region of Snapfinger Creek, and the valley that encompasses much of the town was where corn was grown. The lake was dammed by the Army Corps of Engineers as erosion and flood control, prior to the official FDR lake projects.
Pine Lake is located at 33°47′29″N 84°12′23″W (33.791505, -84.206428).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2), of which 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2) is land and 5.00% is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 621 people, 321 households, and 139 families residing in the city. The population density was 3,293.0 people per square mile (1,261.9/km2).