The town of Ramah is a Statutory Town in El Paso County, Colorado, United States. The population was 123 as of the 2010 census. According to tradition, the name is derived from India.
The area was first settled in a place called Old Zounds, which was 27 miles southeast of Kiowa. The post office, called O.Z. because the applicant just used the initials, existed until at least 1881. The post office was moved from Old Zounds to nearby Ramah in 1889.
Ramah began as a small railroading town along the Rock Island Railroad in the late 1800s. It was incorporated on July 18, 1927. During its peak, it was home to several hundred residents. Eventually, by the mid-1900s, the railroad was shut down, and Ramah suffered, since the railroad connected it to the Colorado Springs, forty miles to the southwest. Despite its decline, Ramah continues to exist, with ranching as the mainstay of its economy.
Ramah is located at 39°7′19″N 104°9′57″W (39.121838, -104.165824).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2), all of it land.