Raymond is a town in Cumberland County, Maine, United States. The population was 4,436 at the 2010 census. It is a summer recreation area and is part of the Portland–South Portland–Biddeford, Maine metropolitan statistical area. Raymond Neck is the landing for the ferry to the town of Frye Island in Sebago Lake. The Raymond school system is currently affiliated with the Windham school system in a district known as RSU 14.
Raymondtown Plantation was granted in 1767 by the Massachusetts General Court to the descendants of Captain William Raymond of Beverly, Massachusetts, and his militia. It was the second attempt to repay the troop (or heirs) for service under Governor Sir William Phipps during the Battle of Quebec in 1690. A township had been awarded them in 1735 called Beverly-Canada (now Weare, New Hampshire), but in 1741 descendants of John Mason proved a prior claim.
The township at Sebago Lake was given to the Beverly Proprietors as compensation. It was first settled in 1770 by Captain Joseph Dingley and Dominicus Jordan of Cape Elizabeth, although most families arrived after the Revolutionary War. It was on the stage route to Bridgton.