Sabattus is a town in Androscoggin County, Maine, United States. The population was 4,876 at the 2010 census. It is included in both the Lewiston-Auburn, Maine Metropolitan Statistical Area and the Lewiston-Auburn, Maine Metropolitan New England City and Town Area. The town was formerly known as "Webster", and changed its name to "Sabattus" in 1971, in honor of a former Anasagunticook Indian chief. The village of Sabattus is in the northwest corner of the town, at the outlet of Sabattus Pond.
The town was set off from Lisbon,and incorporated as Webster on March 7, 1840. The name Sabattus comes from one of the chiefs of the Native American tribe that lived in the area. The tribe had moved on when the settlers came. The only parts of the town to bear the name Sabattus were the lake, river, and mountain. The spelling changed from Sabattis to the current spelling.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 26.91 square miles (69.70 km2), of which 25.71 square miles (66.59 km2) is land and 1.20 square miles (3.11 km2) is water.
It is a part of the Regional School Unit 4 school district.