Salisbury is a town in Merrimack County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 1,382 at the 2010 census.
While still part of Massachusetts, the town was granted as "Baker's Town" after Captain Thomas Baker in 1736. After the border between Massachusetts and New Hampshire was fixed, the town was on the New Hampshire side of the border. It was re-granted by the Masonian proprietors in 1749 with the name "Stevenstown", named after Colonel Ebenezer Stevens of Kingston and settled as early as 1750. Additionally known as "Gerrishtown" and "New Salisbury", the name "Salisbury" was taken when the town incorporated in 1768.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 40.2 square miles (104.1 km2), of which 40.0 sq mi (103.6 km2) is land and 0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2) is water, comprising 0.65% of the town. The highest point in Salisbury is along its western boundary, where the eastern slopes of Mount Kearsarge climb to 1,910 feet (580 m) above sea level.
The Blackwater River, part of the Merrimack River watershed, runs through Salisbury. A popular fishing and recreation spot is The Bay, a natural lake-like section of the river.
At the 2000 census there were 1,137 people, 435 households, and 324 families in the town. The population density was 28.5 people per square mile (11.0/km²).