Springport is a village in Jackson County of the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 800 at the 2010 census. The village is located within Springport Township on M-99 about 20 miles (32.2 km) northwest of Jackson. Springport High School is located in the village.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.26 square miles (3.26 km2), all land.
Springport was originally developed by a man named John Oyer, who arrived in late 1836 from Cayuga County, New York. Oyer helped organized the township's government. He built the first store in Springport, and erected several brick stores, as well as a hotel and a mill. For many years the community was known as "Oyer’s Corner" before the name was changed to Springport. Springport was the name of a town in Cayuga County, New York. The village was incorporated in 1882, with a population of roughly 600 people.