Steele is a town in northeastern St. Clair County, Alabama, United States. It was incorporated in 1952. At the 2010 census the population was 1,043, down from 1,093. The town is a part of the Birmingham–Hoover–Cullman Combined Statistical Area. It was initially known as Steel's Station or Steele's Depot in the late 19th century.
Steele is located at 33°56′25″N 86°11′58″W (33.940172, -86.199523).
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 6.5 square miles (17 km2), of which 6.5 square miles (17 km2) is land and 0.15% is water.
At the 2000 census there were 1,093 people, 430 households, and 323 families in the town. The population density was 167.9 people per square mile (64.8/km2). There were 471 housing units at an average density of 72.4 per square mile (27.9/km2).