Steele City is a village in Jefferson County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 61 at the 2010 census.
Steele City was founded in 1873 when the St. Joseph and Western Railroad was extended to that point. It is named for Dudley M. Steele, a railroad official.
Steele City is located at 40°2′11″N 97°1′22″W (40.036466, -97.022819).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.23 square miles (0.60 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 61 people, 34 households, and 16 families residing in the village. The population density was 265.2 inhabitants per square mile (102.4/km2). There were 55 housing units at an average density of 239.1 per square mile (92.3/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 100.0% White.
There were 34 households, of which 11.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 29.4% were married couples living together, 14.7% had a female householder with no husband present, 2.9% had a male householder with no wife present, and 52.9% were non-families. 47.1% of all households were made up of individuals, and 26.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.