Stites is a city in Idaho County, Idaho, United States. In the lower canyon of the South Fork of the Clearwater River, it is about four miles (6 km) upstream and south of Kooskia on State Highway 13. The population was 221 at the 2010 census, down from 226 in 2000.
Stites was named for Jacob Stites of New Jersey, who homesteaded the land in 1897 which became the city. He sold two years later and exercised his option to name it. Stites became the eastern terminus Northern Pacific branch line up the Clearwater in 1900, later the Camas Prairie Railroad's first subdivision line. It climbed the main river eastward from Lewiston to Kooskia and then turned south to ascend the lower South Fork. The abandoned spur was removed in the 1980s, and the city incorporated in early 1905.
Stites is located at 46°5′27″N 115°58′35″W (46.090, -115.976).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.10 square miles (0.26 km2), of which, 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 221 people, 103 households, and 57 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,455.6 inhabitants per square mile (948.1/km2).