Temple is a city in Carroll and Haralson counties in the U.S. state of Georgia. The population was 4,228 at the 2010 census, up from 2,383 in 2000 (a 77% increase).
The name "Temple" was adopted in 1883 when the railroad was extended to the settlement, after one Mr. Temple, a railroad official. The Georgia General Assembly incorporated Temple as a town in 1883.
Temple is located in northeastern Carroll County at 33°44′9″N 85°1′38″W (33.735723, -85.027298). A very small portion of the city extends west into Haralson County. U.S. Route 78 passes just south of the center of town, leading east 6 miles (10 km) to Villa Rica and west 7 miles (11 km) to Bremen. Interstate 20 passes through the southernmost part of the town, with access from Exit 19, and leads east 38 miles (61 km) to Atlanta and west 48 miles (77 km) to Oxford, Alabama. Carrollton, the county seat, is 12 miles (19 km) south via Highway 113.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Temple has a total area of 6.9 square miles (17.9 km2), of which 6.8 square miles (17.6 km2) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.2 km2), or 1.38%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,383 people, 864 households, and 664 families residing in the city.