Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Upper Nyack is a village incorporated in 1872 in the town of Clarkstown, Rockland County, New York, United States. It is located north of the village of Nyack, east of Valley Cottage, south of Rockland Lake State Park, and west of the Hudson River. The population was 2,063 at the 2010 census.
Upper Nyack has a Village Hall and a village law court, located in the same building on North Broadway. Upper Nyack is also home to the Empire Hook and Ladder Company No. 1, established in 1863, one of eight fire companies in the Nyack Joint Fire District.
Upper Nyack was incorporated in 1872. Two hundred years prior, Claus Jansen Purarent of Bergen Township (now Jersey City) received a patent from Governor Phillip Carteret for 640 acres (260 ha) of land north of Tappan. Jansen sold 100 acres (40 ha) to Dowe Harmensen Tallman, and the rest was inherited by his son Cornelius Clausen, who assumed the surname of Kuyper (Cooper). Kuyper was an outstanding public servant in the County of Orange. The first Upper Nyacker also commanded the first company of militia in the county.