Vesper is a village in Wood County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 584 at the 2010 census.
The village of Vesper began to form in the early 1870s when Girard and Drake built a sawmill on Hemlock Creek to process lumber from the surrounding forests. Their firm also started a store and blacksmith shop. A post office called Vesper opened in 1878. The village was named after vesper sparrows native to the area. In 1894 a wildfire swept in from the woods and burned the mill, along with 23 houses on the west side of the creek.
After the fire, the surrounding stump-land was sold to farmers. The village of Vesper was platted in 1897 or 98. Carsten Otto started a creamery in 1898. In 1902 John Murgatroyd & Sons started the Vesper Brick & Tile Factory, which operated until the start of WWI. A two-room brick school was built in 1906.