Volant is a borough in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 168 at the 2010 census. It is surrounded by Old Order Amish farms of the New Wilmington settlement.
The land on which the borough of Volant currently sits on was bought from the Native Americans in 1784. The first gristmill was built on Neshannock Creek in 1806, upstream from the current site. It was abandoned after a few years, and a new mill was built in 1812 at its current location.
In 1847 an Amish settlement was established between New Wilmington and Volant. In 1868, J.P. Locke purchased the mill and 100 acres (0.40 km2) of land and began laying out a settlement of 30 lots, which he called Lockeville. With the help of the railroad, his attempts to create a settlement were successful. Lockeville began to grow and prosper, and in June 1893 the settlement changed its name to Volant and was incorporated as a self-governing unit.