Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Westphalia is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Vigo Township, Knox County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 202.
Westphalia was laid out in 1881, and it was originally built up chiefly by Germans. It was named after the region of Westphalia in Germany. The Westphalia post office was established in 1881. Many businesses have existed over the history of Westphalia including a variety store, antique store, hotel, blacksmith, elevator, photo studio, mine supply and the Westphalia elementary school.
Westphalia is located in northeastern Knox County at 38°51′46″N 87°13′32″W. Indiana State Road 67 passes through the center of the community, leading northeast 3 miles (5 km) to Sandborn and southwest 4 miles (6 km) to Edwardsport and 23 miles (37 km) to Vincennes, the Knox county seat. Indiana State Road 58 joins SR 67 northeast out of Westphalia but leads west 5 miles (8 km) to Freelandville.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Westphalia CDP has an area of 2.06 square miles (5.34 km2), all of it land.
Westphalia has a locally owned restaurant, Country Charms Café, a playground, a church, Salem United Church of Christ, low income senior apartments and a post office. Westphalia is a rural community.