Youngwood is a borough in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, United States.
The community was established in 1899 and was built on land owned by John Y. Woods, a farmer. In creating the name Youngwood, John Y. Woods took his own family name and combined it with his maternal grandfather's name, which was Young.
Youngwood owes its existence to the Southwest Branch of the Pennsylvania Railroad, which ran from Greensburg south to Uniontown and Fairchance. In 1900, a large classification yard was built for sorting railroad cars, and this railroad yard provided Youngwood's economic base for many decades.
Youngwood became a borough on November 10, 1902. The year 1902 was also the date of Youngwood's railroad station, which still stands on Depot Street.
Youngwood is located at 40°14′22″N 79°34′50″W (40.239566, -79.580686).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 1.9 square miles (4.8 km2), of which, 1.8 square miles (4.8 km2) of it is land and 0.04 square miles (0.1 km2) of it (1.08%) is water.
Youngwood is almost entirely surrounded by Hempfield Township; the only other border is with New Stanton to the southwest.
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,138 people, 1,506 households, and 891 families living in the borough. The population density was 2,249.2 people per square mile (868.3/km2).