Bermuda Run is a town in Davie County, North Carolina, United States. The population was 1,725 at the 2010 census. It was incorporated in 1999 as a fully gated residential community near country clubs and golf courses like the Bermuda Run Country Club, Oak Valley Golf Club, and Tanglewood Park. In 2000, the town annexed into neighboring Hillsdale, picking up a commercial district. The town rests on the western bank of the Yadkin River along U.S. Route 158 and North Carolina Highway 801. Interstate 40 provides express access to Winston-Salem, the town's nearest urban center. In 2012 Kinderton Village was voluntarily annexed by the town of Bermuda Run.
The English colony (now designated a British Overseas Territory) of Bermuda, or the Somers Isles, was settled in 1609 by the survivors of the Virginia Company's flagship, the Sea Venture. The Royal Charter of the company and the boundaries of Virginia were extended in 1612 to include Bermuda, although administration of the archipelago was transferred to a new company with the same shareholders, the Somers Isles Company, in 1615, which controlled Bermuda until 1684. Whereas the Virginia colony struggled to survive, Bermuda quickly became thriving and populous.