Mocksville is a town in Davie County, North Carolina, United States. The population was 5,051 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Davie County.
Mocksville was incorporated as a town in 1839. The town was named for the original owner of the town site.
George E. Barnhardt House, Boxwood Lodge, Cana Store and Post Office, Jesse Clement House, Cooleemee, Davie County Courthouse, Davie County Jail, Downtown Mocksville Historic District, Hinton Rowan Helper House, Hodges Business College, McGuire-Setzer House, North Main Street Historic District, and Salisbury Street Historic District are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Mocksville is located south of the center of Davie County. U.S. Routes 64 and 601 pass through the town, while U.S. Route 158 has its western terminus in the town center. US 64 leads east 19 miles (31 km) to Lexington and west 24 miles (39 km) to Statesville, while US 601 leads north 19 miles (31 km) to Yadkinville and south 17 miles (27 km) to Salisbury. US 158 leads northeast 26 miles (42 km) to Winston-Salem. Interstate 40 passes 3 miles (5 km) northwest of the center of town, with access from Exit 168 (US 64) and Exit 170 (US 601).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 7.6 square miles (19.6 km2), of which 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2), or 0.17%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,178 people, 1,627 households, and 1,067 families residing in the town. The population density was 607.2 people per square mile (234.5/km2).