Bowbells is a city in and the county seat of Burke County, North Dakota, United States. The population was 336 at the 2010 census.
The city of Bowbells was founded in 1898 along the main line of the Soo Line Railroad and incorporated in 1906. The city was named by railroad officials after the famed Bow bells at St Mary-le-Bow in London, England.
The city's centennial celebration was held in the third week in July, 2006. Several hundred people from all over the country registered and attended. Burke County celebrated its centennial in the summer of 2010.
The town is home to a Lutheran, a Methodist, and a Roman Catholic church.
A municipal golf course is located four miles east of the city, and a community swimming pool, park and campground are available as well for visitors and residents.
Farmers in the area produce crops such as barley, canola, flax, oats, peas, sunflowers, durum and Hard Red Spring Wheat. There have been substantial oil wells in the area and thus oil-related businesses, including drilling, service and distribution businesses.
Some of the businesses in the town include an implement dealership, SunPrairie Grain (a division of CHS Incorporated), Savage Industries, and government-related buildings and businesses.