Carpio is a city in Ward County, North Dakota, United States. The population was 157 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Minot Micropolitan Statistical Area. Carpio was founded in 1898. It is commonly believed that the town was named after the first post office which operated out of a railcar - hence 'Car P.O.'.
Carpio is located at 48°26′32″N 101°42′53″W (48.442087, -101.714812). According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.59 square miles (1.53 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 157 people, 71 households, and 40 families residing in the city. The population density was 266.1 inhabitants per square mile (102.7/km2). There were 83 housing units at an average density of 140.7 per square mile (54.3/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 99.4% White and 0.6% Native American.
There were 71 households, of which 26.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 47.9% were married couples living together, 2.8% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.6% had a male householder with no wife present, and 43.7% were non-families.