Campbell (; "CAM-ell") is a city in Mahoning County, Ohio, United States. The population was 8,235 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Youngstown-Warren-Boardman, OH-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Campbell was first called East Youngstown and this designation still appears on real estate deeds between 1902 and 1926, when the city was renamed for local industrialist James Campbell, then chairman of the Youngstown Sheet and Tube Company.
In 1902, the Youngstown Iron Sheet and Tube Company established a factory near the Mahoning River in Coitsville Township. A settlement grew around the factory, called East Youngstown, due to its location just southeast from downtown Youngstown. The village was incorporated in 1908, as its population swelled with young immigrants to work in the steel industry. Many immigrants to the village were Greeks. In 1926, the town officially became known as the City of Campbell, to recognize James Anson Campbell, president of the iron company during the founding of the city.
Campbell is sometimes referred to as the "City of Churches" because of the wide variety of religious structures found throughout the community.
Campbell is located on the north bank of the Mahoning River. It is located at 41.078013°N 80.589968°W / 41.078013; -80.589968.