Cannelburg is a town in Barr Township, Daviess County, Indiana, United States. The population was 135 at the 2010 census.
Cannelburg was platted in 1872, and named for the cannel coal mined in the area.
Cannelburg is located at 38°40′9″N 86°59′57″W (38.669065, -86.999070). The town is concentrated along Main Street, which runs northward perpendicular to U.S. Route 50/U.S. Route 150. Loogootee lies to the east, and Montgomery lies to the west.
According to the 2010 census, Cannelburg has a total area of 0.19 square miles (0.49 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 135 people, 57 households, and 41 families residing in the town. The population density was 710.5 inhabitants per square mile (274.3/km2). There were 58 housing units at an average density of 305.3 per square mile (117.9/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 99.3% White and 0.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.7% of the population.