Converse is a town in Richland Township, Grant County and Jackson Township, Miami County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 1,265 at the 2010 census.
Converse was originally called Xenia, and under the latter name was laid out in 1849. J. N. Converse platted an addition in 1867.
The Converse Depot and Converse-Jackson Township Public Library are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Converse is located at 40°34′47″N 85°52′8″W (40.579654, -85.869022).
According to the 2010 census, Converse has a total area of 0.9 square miles (2.33 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,265 people, 489 households, and 337 families living in the town. The population density was 1,405.6 inhabitants per square mile (542.7/km2). There were 553 housing units at an average density of 614.4 per square mile (237.2/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 97.5% White, 0.1% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.1% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 1.1% from other races, and 0.9% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.2% of the population.
There were 489 households, of which 38.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.3% were married couples living together, 13.7% had a female householder with no husband present, 3.9% had a male householder with no wife present, and 31.1% were non-families. 27.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 12.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.