Greentown is a town in Liberty Township, Howard County, Indiana, United States. Located approximately 9 miles east of Kokomo on State Road 22 / US 35; it is home to the Howard County Fair Grounds. The town was platted in 1848, and incorporated as a town in 1873. Known for its collectible glassware made for only a few years by a local factory destroyed in 1903, it is home to the Greentown Glass Museum. As of the 2010 census, the town's population was 2,415.
Greentown is located at 40°28′43″N 85°57′53″W (40.478556, −85.964683).
According to the 2010 census, Greentown has a total area of 1.37 square miles (3.55 km2), all land. It was the nearest town to the epicenter of the magnitude 3.8 Indiana earthquake of December 30, 2010.
Greentown was laid out in 1848 on the site of a former Native American village. Its inception was largely due to the need for a nearby trading post by people living in the area. First was a merchant, L. W. Bacon who built a log house on the northeast corner of Main and Merdian. Next was C. O. Fry who built on the southwest corner of the intersection.