Conyngham is a borough in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,914 at the 2010 census.
The first settler of Conyngham was George Drum (in the late 1700s) who served in the American Revolution and was elected justice of the peace in 1811. George Drum was an entrepreneurial businessman and was a large landowner who also owned the Drums Hotel, a shoe shop, tavern, and the Drums Post Office. He and his family developed the adjacent village of Drums, of which the village is named after the family, along with helping the development of Conyngham. Drums is a sister village to Conyngham. The George Drum residence remains standing in impeccable condition on Conyngham's Main Street.
The Sugarloaf Massacre of September 11, 1780, was one of a series of bloody engagements fought in the frontier of northeastern Pennsylvania between Iroquois (allies of British troops) and settlers loyal to the cause of American independence. Today, this event is commemorated by a historic monument with a bronze plaque bearing the names of the fifteen men who lost their lives near modern-day Conyngham.
In 1815, Redmond Conyngham represented Luzerne County in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. In 1820, he served a term in the State Senate. Captain Gustavus Conyngham was his cousin.