Davison is a city in Genesee County in the U.S. state of Michigan and a suburb of Flint. The population was 5,536 at the 2000 census and fell to 5,173 by the 2010 census. Davison is located within Davison Township survey township area (7N 8E), but is administratively autonomous.
Davison was named after Judge Norman Davison, a judge of Lapeer County and a delegate to state constitution convention of 1835. He resided in a nearby hamlet formerly known as Davisonville, now known as Atlas.
Township section 3, 9 and 10 was Davison Station, which was first settled in 1842 by Eleazer Thurston in section 10. The line of the Chicago and Lake Huron Railroad (now Canadian National Railway) through the settlement was finished in 1871 marked the beginning of Davison Station. The first saw mill in the township was also built here that year by Dunn and Darling. The township and the settlement had in 1872 a number of firsts: doctor, L. W. Hanson, merchant Damon Stewart and tavern owned and operated by Henry S. Rising. On April 10, 1872, Davison Station post office open with Stewart as the postmaster. The Free Will Baptist Church, formed in 1859 at and hosted at Herrick Schoolhouse two miles away, moved to a frame church building in the village in 1872.
In 1873, a cheese factory and flouring mill opened.