Edwardsburg is a village within Ontwa Township in Cass County in the U.S. state of Michigan, northeast of South Bend. The population was 1,259 at the 2010 census. It is part of the South Bend–Mishawaka, IN-MI, Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Edwardsburg was established in 1828 in an area that had previously been known as Beardsley's Prairie. It was incorporated as a village in 1911, and is named after Abraham Edwards, a politician and early settler of the area.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.01 square miles (2.62 km2), of which 0.91 square miles (2.36 km2) is land and 0.10 square miles (0.26 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,259 people, 517 households, and 332 families living in the village. The population density was 1,383.5 inhabitants per square mile (534.2/km2). There were 569 housing units at an average density of 625.3 per square mile (241.4/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 93.6% White, 1.5% African American, 0.8% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 0.3% Pacific Islander, 1.0% from other races, and 2.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.2% of the population.
There were 517 households, of which 35.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 38.9% were married couples living together, 18.4% had a female householder with no husband present, 7.0% had a male householder with no wife present, and 35.8% were non-families.