Fort Calhoun is a city in Washington County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 908 at the 2010 census. The city includes Fort Atkinson, the first fort built west of the Missouri River.
Fort Calhoun was platted in 1855. It was named for John C. Calhoun.
Fort Calhoun is located at 41°27′24″N 96°1′29″W (41.456691, -96.024589).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.65 square miles (1.68 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 908 people, 391 households, and 253 families living in the city. The population density was 1,396.9 inhabitants per square mile (539.3/km2). There were 413 housing units at an average density of 635.4 per square mile (245.3/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 96.7% White, 0.2% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.1% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 0.7% from other races, and 2.0% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.2% of the population.
There were 391 households, of which 28.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 49.9% were married couples living together, 11.0% had a female householder with no husband present, 3.8% had a male householder with no wife present, and 35.3% were non-families.