Kaysville is a city in Davis County, Utah. It is part of the Ogden–Clearfield metropolitan area. The population was 27,300 at the time of the 2010 census, with an estimated population of 32,390 in 2019.
Shortly after Latter Day Saint pioneers arrived in 1847, the Kaysville area, originally known as "Kay's Creek" or Kay's Ward, was settled by Hector Haight in 1850 as a farming community. He had been sent north to find feed for the stock and soon thereafter constructed a cabin and brought his family to settle the area. Farmington, Utah also claims Hector Haight as its original settler. Two miles north of Haight's original settlement, Samuel Holmes built a cabin in 1849 and was soon joined by other settlers from Salt Lake, namely Edward Phillips, John Green, and William Kay.
Although settlement began in the 1840s, the name of Kaysville connects with the fact that in 1851 William Kay was made the bishop in the vicinity by Brigham Young and Heber C. Kimball.
After the move south in 1858 (see Utah War) there was an attempt to rename the community "Freedom", but Brigham Young convinced the residents to retain the old name.
In 1868 Kaysville became the first city incorporated in Davis County.
An adobe meetinghouse was built in 1863. It was replaced by the Kaysville Tabernacle in 1914.