Kildeer is a village in southwestern Lake County, Illinois, United States, and a suburb of Chicago. The population was 3,968 at the 2010 census. It has limited development to custom homes on large lots, and has worked to preserve natural features and open space.
This area was largely rural and made up of farms and undeveloped lands until after World War II. Increased population and pent-up demand for housing resulted in new suburban development outside many major cities, aided by federal investment in highways that eased commuting to work. Lake County began to prepare by paving its roads and improving some. The Kildeer area began to attract persons who wanted to live a relatively rural life. In 1951 Quentin Road was realigned, removing the four right-angle turns, and substituting a smooth curve north from Rand Road. In 1952 its entire length was paved.
In the mid-1950s, Henry Bosch Jr.