Louisville is a suburban town in Blount County, Tennessee, United States. Its population was 2,001 at the 2000 census and 2,439 at the 2010 census. It is included in the Knoxville, Tennessee Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The Louisville area was settled in the early 1800s, and its situation on the Tennessee River helped it grow into a key flatboat and steamboat port. It was incorporated in 1851. The town's namesake is unknown, although some have suggested that its name was influenced by the French King Louis Philippe, who visited the area in the late 1790s. In 1974 Louisville's downtown was declared a national historic district by the National Register of Historic Places.
Louisville is located along the northern border of Blount County at 35°49′25″N 84°02′48″W (35.823659, -84.046718). The town is centered around the junction of State Route 334 (Louisville Road), which connects Louisville with Alcoa and Maryville to the east, and State Route 333, which connects Louisville with Friendsville to the west. The Fort Loudoun Lake impoundment of the Tennessee River comprises Louisville's northern border.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 13.5 square miles (35.0 km2), of which 11.7 square miles (30.4 km2) is land and 1.8 square miles (4.6 km2), or 13.18%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,001 people, 808 households, and 581 families residing in the city.