Lyle is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Klickitat County, Washington, United States. The population was 499 at the 2010 census.
Established around 1859, the community was originally called "Klickitat Landing". The first European settler was Egbert French, who arrived from Ohio. In 1866, French sold his holdings to James O. Lyle from The Dalles, Oregon, who moved to the north bank of the Columbia River.
A post office was soon established with Lyle as the first postmaster, and with mail delivered by steamer from the opposite shore. Steamboat operation lasted until the North Shore Railroad was completed. When the Spokane, Portland and Seattle Railway came to town in 1907, its line passed somewhat north of the town. The present townsite was plotted in 1909, and the older townsite became known as "downtown". In 1941 there was a small airport in Lyle.
Lyle has two main areas: that part which is built on the north bank of the Columbia River, including the "downtown", and that part which is built on the hills above the river.