Maybee is a village in southwestern Exeter Township in Monroe County in the U.S. state of Michigan. Maybee was established in 1873 and incorporated as a village in 1899. The population was 562 at the 2010 census.
Most of the village is served by Monroe Public Schools and is located in the extreme northwest portion of the district, but the westernmost strip of the village is located within the Dundee Community Schools district.
Maybee was named for Abram Maybee, who, along with Joseph Klotz, surveyed, platted, and sold the land that became the village between 1873 and 1875. The village was incorporated in 1899. Spurred on by the railroad, the village grew to include a grain elevator, grist mill, stone quarry, sand pit, hotel, three churches, two schools, and several small factories and stores. It is primarily an agricultural community. The grain elevator and quarry are still operating, along with several small businesses and restaurants.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.01 square miles (2.62 km2), of which 1.00 square mile (2.59 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) (0.99%) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 562 people, 205 households, and 154 families living in the village. The population density was 562.0 inhabitants per square mile (217.0/km2).