Middleton is a city in Hardeman County, Tennessee, United States. The population was 706 at the 2010 census, up from 602 at the 2000 census. It is located at the intersection of Tennessee State Route 125 and Tennessee State Route 57. Its slogan is the "Crossroads of the South".
It is believed that early settlers in Middleton came from Slab Town, a small settlement about 3 miles (5 km) north. The town was originally called "Jenkins-McCommons Crossing", after Jesse Jenksins and William Taylor McCommons. These two men came to the area from North Carolina in 1849 and donated the majority of land where Middleton is today. Following the expansion of the Memphis and Charleston Railroad and the construction of a railroad depot, Middleton was chartered in 1850. It was named after an official at the Memphis and Charleston Railroad. The town suffered greatly during the Civil War. After the war, only one building, a small log structure that served as a store, was left standing.
Middleton is located in southeastern Hardeman County at 35°3′32″N 88°53′30″W (35.058798, -88.891728).