Morrill is a village located in Scotts Bluff County, in the western Panhandle, in the northwestern portion of the United States state of Nebraska. Morrill is part of the Scottsbluff, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 921 at the 2010 census.
Morrill is located at 41°57′54″N 103°55′33″W (41.964919, -103.925711).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.60 square miles (1.55 km2), all land.
In 1886, settlers from the vicinity of Fort Collins, Colorado found a fertile valley at the mouth of the Sheep Creek draw about a mile north of present-day Morrill. There, they established a settlement to which they gave the name of Collins.
In the early 1900s, the impending arrival of the Burlington Railroad in the vicinity prompted the relocation of the town. Spurred by the rumor that a depot would be built in the area, Charles Henry Morrill, president of the Lincoln Land Company, platted the new townsite about a mile from Collins. The new settlement, which bore Morrill's name, was incorporated in 1907.
As of the census of 2010, there were 921 people, 417 households, and 262 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,535.0 inhabitants per square mile (592.7/km2). There were 446 housing units at an average density of 743.3 per square mile (287.0/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 93.3% White, 1.3% Native American, 0.5% Asian, 3.6% from other races, and 1.3% from two or more races.