Plandome is a village in Nassau County, New York in the United States. The population was 1,349 at the 2010 census. The Incorporated Village of Plandome is in the Town of North Hempstead.
The Great Neck and Port Washington Railroad, a subsidiary of the Long Island Rail Road built what is today known as the Port Washington Branch through the community in 1898; Plandome became a flag stop until it received a station in 1909. The original station building suffered a serious fire in January, 1987, and was rebuilt along with platform lengthening and refurbishment by 1990.
The Village of Plandome was incorporated in 1911 as the Plandome Land Company began to develop the village itself, though some homes, farmhouses, and mills had been built in the area in prior decades. Plandome, as well as surrounding villages Plandome Manor and Plandome Heights, derives its name from the Latin 'Planus Domus', meaning plain, or level home.
The Willets Farmhouse, circa 1810, is still extant on Willets Lane. It was built by brewer George Willets of the Willets family of Cow Neck. The house was recently restored and is not currently landmarked.