Shirley is a town in Brown Township, Hancock County and Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana, United States. The population was 830 at the 2010 census.
Shirley had its start in the year 1890 when the Cincinnati, Wabash and Michigan Railway was extended to that point. It was named for Joseph A. Shirley, a railroad official.
Jane Ross Reeves Octagon House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001.
Shirley is located at 39°53′26″N 85°34′47″W (39.890516, -85.579823). While most of Shirley is in Hancock County, Main Street is the county line and the smaller portion of Shirley is in Henry County.
According to the 2010 census, Shirley has a total area of 0.34 square miles (0.88 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 830 people, 328 households, and 225 families living in the town. The population density was 2,441.2 inhabitants per square mile (942.6/km2). There were 365 housing units at an average density of 1,073.5 per square mile (414.5/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 97.7% White, 0.6% African American, 0.6% Native American, 0.4% Asian, 0.2% from other races, and 0.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.4% of the population.