Sparks is a town in Cook County, Georgia, United States. The population was 2,052 at the 2010 census.
A post office called Sparks was established in 1888. The community was named after W.B. Sparks, the president of the Georgia Southern and Florida Railway.
The Georgia General Assembly incorporated Sparks as a town in 1888.
Sparks is located near the center of Cook County at 31°10′09″N 83°26′23″W. It is bordered on the south by the city of Adel, the county seat. U.S. Route 41 passes through the center of the town as Goodman Street. Interstate 75 runs through the west side of the town, with access from Exit 41. Tifton is 20 miles (32 km) to the north, and Valdosta is 26 miles (42 km) to the south.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Sparks has a total area of 4.1 square miles (10.7 km2), of which 3.9 square miles (10.1 km2) is land and 0.23 square miles (0.6 km2), or 5.64%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,755 people, 644 households, and 443 families residing in the town. The population density was 480.3 people per square mile (185.6/km2). There were 743 housing units at an average density of 203.3 per square mile (78.6/km2).