Telford is a borough in Bucks and Montgomery Counties in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. The population was 4,872 at the time of the 2010 census. Of this, 2,665 were in Montgomery County, and 2,207 were in Bucks County.
Originally inhabited by the Lenape people, the area surrounding Telford began to be settled in 1719 by Mennonites from the Palatinate of the Rhine. In 1857, the town known as County Line (the area had previously been known as Hendrick's Blacksmith) changed its name to Telford after the North Pennsylvania Railroad Company (later absorbed into the Reading Railroad) named its new station there after civil engineer Thomas Telford.
The Borough of Telford was incorporated by decree of the Court of Quarter Sessions of Bucks County of November 10, 1886. A decade later, The Borough of West Telford was incorporated by decree of the Court of Quarter Sessions of Montgomery County of December 27, 1897. In 1934, the respective boroughs entered into an agreement for consolidation, and an election was held on this question on November 6, 1934. The voters of both boroughs approved the agreement, and on January 11, 1935, Governor Gifford Pinchot issued letters patent consolidating the two boroughs into the current Borough of Telford.
Telford is located at 40°19′29″N 75°19′41″W (40.324786, -75.328045), elevation 449 feet (136.9 m).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 1.0 square miles (2.6 km²).