Van Buren is a town in Van Buren Township, Grant County, Indiana, United States. The population was 864 at the 2010 census.
Joseph Boxell platted Van Buren Township in 1837. Martin Van Buren was the United States president at the time. In 1843 George H. D. Rood settled here and the creek that runs through the town was called Roods Run. As the area grew and developed it was called many names including Roods Corner, Roods Town, Roods Crossroads and Stringtown. In 1888 C.W. platted the area and it was known as Van Buren. In June 1892 the town became incorporated by the state of Indiana.
Van Buren is located at 40°37′1″N 85°30′23″W (40.616856, -85.506393).
According to the 2010 census, Van Buren has a total area of 0.58 square miles (1.50 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 864 people, 357 households, and 241 families living in the town. The population density was 1,489.7 inhabitants per square mile (575.2/km2).