Waterloo is a village in Douglas County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 848 at the 2010 census.
Waterloo was founded by Elias Kelsey and John Logan in 1883 after two failed attempts at incorporation. In 1870, the Union Pacific Railroad designated a stop at the location. The name possibly commemorates the Battle of Waterloo or Kelsey's birthplace Waterloo, New York.
The town was temporarily abandoned following The Great Flood of 1881.
Waterloo is located at 41°17′13″N 96°17′18″W (41.287021, -96.288387).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.65 square miles (1.68 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 848 people, 337 households, and 229 families living in the village. The population density was 1,304.6 inhabitants per square mile (503.7/km2). There were 359 housing units at an average density of 552.3 per square mile (213.2/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 95.9% White, 0.6% African American, 1.2% Native American, 1.1% from other races, and 1.3% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.5% of the population.