Willshire is a village in Van Wert County, Ohio, United States. The population was 397 at the 2010 census. It is included within the Van Wert, Ohio Micropolitan Statistical Area.
Willshire is located 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the Ohio/Indiana State line. St. Mary's River flows along the east edge of village.
Willshire was founded by Captain James Riley in 1822, and is named for the English man who saved him while he was a captive in Africa, William Willshire. A post office has been in operation at Willshire since 1822. Willshire served as the first county seat for Van Wert County.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.37 square miles (0.96 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 397 people, 162 households, and 109 families living in the village. The population density was 1,073.0 inhabitants per square mile (414.3/km2).