Alsip is a village in Cook County, Illinois, United States. The population was 19,277 at the 2010 census. It is a suburb of Chicago.
Alsip was settled in the 1830s by German and Dutch farmers. The village is named after Frank Alsip, the owner of a brickyard that opened there in 1885. The village began to grow after the Tri-State Tollway was built there in 1959.
Alsip is located at 41°40′14″N 87°43′56″W (41.670433, -87.732199).
According to the 2010 census, Alsip has a total area of 6.494 square miles (16.82 km2), of which 6.39 square miles (16.55 km2) (or 98.4%) is land and 0.104 square miles (0.27 km2) (or 1.6%) is water.
Alsip is bordered to the west by the villages of Worth and Palos Heights. To the south is Crestwood. Oak Lawn lies to the north. Merrionette Park, Blue Island, and Robbins lie to the east (north-south, respectively).