Arlington is a village in Washington County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 1,243 at the 2010 census. Arlington is named after Arlington, Virginia.
Arlington was originally called Bell Creek (after nearby Bell Creek) and under the latter name was platted in 1869 when the Sioux City and Pacific Railroad was extended to that point. Due to similarity in name with another place in Nebraska, Bell Creek was renamed Arlington, after the city of Arlington, Virginia, in 1882. Arlington was home to the Marshall Nurseries, an internationally acclaimed nursery credited with inventing the fraxinus pennsylvanica tree species, one of the most common green ash trees planted in the United States of America. Recent history includes the accidental damage to the north wall of the post office.
Arlington is located at 41°27′15″N 96°21′26″W (41.454244, -96.357246).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.60 square miles (1.55 km2), all land.
Arlington was once home to Molly Ringwald's great-great grandmother.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,243 people, 495 households, and 344 families living in the village. The population density was 2,071.7 inhabitants per square mile (799.9/km2). There were 524 housing units at an average density of 873.3 per square mile (337.2/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 97.9% White, 0.1% African American, 0.3% Native American, 0.5% Asian, 0.7% from other races, and 0.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.7% of the population.