Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Blawnox is a borough in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,432 at the 2010 census.
The name, Blawnox, is derived from the Blaw-Knox Company, which had a manufacturing plant there providing much of the town's employment. Blawnox had been called Hoboken.
The town was founded in the late 18th century, with the name Hoboken. Steel was the community's major industry, with the area being home to the Blaw Steel Co. and the Knox Welded and Pressed Steel Co. When the Blaw Steel Co. acquired the Knox Welded and Pressed Steel Co. in 1917, the company became known as the Blaw-Knox Steel Construction Co., and the size of Hoboken was expanded to the whole area spanned by the Blaw-Knox mill.
Blawnox was incorporated on April 13, 1925, from O'Hara Township.
Blawnox is located at 40°29′33″N 79°51′40″W.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2), of which 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2), or 25.58%, is water.