Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Braddock Hills is a borough in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States, and is part of the Pittsburgh Metro Area. Braddock Hills is located approximately 8 miles (13 km) east of downtown Pittsburgh. The population of Braddock Hills was 1,880 at the 2010 census.
Braddock Hills is located at 40°25′12″N 79°51′57″W.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 1.0 square mile (2.6 km2), all of it land. Its average elevation is 1,102 ft (336 m) above sea level.
Braddock Hills has five borders, including Wilkinsburg to the north, Forest Hills from the north-northeast to the east, North Braddock to the south, Swissvale to the west and southwest, and finally Edgewood to the west.
Braddock Hills is located northwest of Braddock's Field, the site of General Edward Braddock's 1755 defeat during the French and Indian War. The main road which winds through the borough, Brinton Road, was originally an Indian trail, used by the area's indigenous people to keep watch for their enemies. The other main road in the borough, Braddock Road, was the main link between Braddock Hills and Braddock used by farmers and coal miners. The first area of the borough to be settled was along Brinton Road, first settled as Hannatown.
First settled in 1753, the area was part of Wilkins Township until 1885, when Braddock Township was incorporated. On May 2, 1946, after Braddock Township had already been broken up into the boroughs of Swissvale, North Braddock, and Rankin, the remaining area incorporated itself as Braddock Hills.
Braddock Hills experienced a housing boom following World War II. Many GIs used their VA loans to acquire newly built homes.