Munhall is a borough in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, on the west bank of the Monongahela River, 8 miles (13 km) south of the confluence of the Monongahela and the Allegheny rivers where the Ohio River begins. It abuts the borough of Homestead.
A large part of the Homestead Works of the Carnegie Steel Company existed in Munhall. Steel products were the only items made in Munhall in 1910 when 5,185 people lived here. In 1940, 13,900 people lived in Munhall. The population was 11,406 at the 2010 census. Munhall, along with the boroughs of Homestead and West Homestead, are served by the Steel Valley School District.
A post office called Munhall was established in 1887. The borough was formed on June 24, 1901, out of a part of Mifflin Township, and named for John Munhall, the original owner of the town site.
The Homestead Library, located in Munhall, was donated by Andrew Carnegie in 1896. It has been restored and modernized during the last quarter of a century - new electrical lighting has been installed, computers for the use of visitors have been installed, and the gloominess inside has vanished.