Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Dent is a census-designated place (CDP) in Green Township, Hamilton County, Ohio, United States. The population was 10,497 at the 2010 census.
Dent was originally known as Challensville in the 19th century, named for the local minister Rev. James Challenge. A post office called Challensville was established in 1843, the name was changed to Dent in 1846, and the post office closed in 1904. The present name "Dent" is after its setting in a valley (or dent).
Veterans Park was constructed in the 1990s on the former site of the Dent Drive-In. The 25-acre (10 ha) park contains a walking trail.
Dent is located at 39°11′55″N 84°39′35″W.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 5.9 square miles (15.4 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 7,612 people, 3,190 households, and 2,130 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,267.4 people per square mile (489.0/km2). There were 3,369 housing units at an average density of 560.9/sq mi (216.4/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 98.03% White, 0.68% African American, 0.22% Native American, 0.32% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.16% from other races, and 0.56% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.42% of the population.