Cleves is a village in Miami Township, Hamilton County, Ohio, United States, located along the Ohio River. The population was 3,234 at the 2010 census. Founded in 1818, it is named for John Cleves Symmes who lived here, laid out the original town site, and sold lots.
Cleves is located at 39°9′40″N 84°45′1″W (39.161241, -84.750288) between the Great Miami River and the Ohio River. It is separated from the Ohio River by the village of North Bend, along the southern border of Cleves. U.S. Route 50 passes through the village, leading east 16 miles (26 km) to downtown Cincinnati and west to Lawrenceburg, Indiana.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.58 square miles (4.09 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 3,234 people, 1,079 households, and 823 families living in the village. The population density was 2,046.8 inhabitants per square mile (790.3/km2). There were 1,190 housing units at an average density of 753.2 per square mile (290.8/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 96.9% White, 0.6% African American, 0.4% Native American, 0.4% Asian, 0.1% from other races, and 1.6% from two or more races.