Cheviot is a city in west-central Hamilton County, Ohio, United States. It is a suburb of Cincinnati. The population was 8,375 at the 2010 census.
In 1818 a Scottish immigrant named John Craig purchased a half section of 320 acres (1.3 km2) of Green Township from Elias Boudinot. He built an inn and tavern on the Harrison Pike. On March 21, 1818 Craig laid out a town which he named after the Cheviot Hills in southern Scotland. He sold lots and growth began.
The town was incorporated as a village in 1901 and a city in 1931 Originally a farming community, today Cheviot is a residential suburb of Cincinnati.
On January 6, 2018, fireworks at the Cheviot Memorial Building Fieldhouse kicked off the city's bicentennial. Events planned throughout 2018 included a new water splash park at Harvest Home Park, a historical marker at Harvest Home and personal bricks located next to the cannon at the Memorial Building on Robb Avenue. In March 2018, members of the Cheviot Bicentennial Committee decided to restart the Cheviot Historical Society together with Cheviot History to preserve the history of Cheviot.