Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Durham is a city in Washington County, Oregon, United States. Incorporated in 1966, the city is surrounded by Tigard and Tualatin and is adjacent to the Bridgeport Village shopping complex. The population was 1,351 at the 2010 census.
The city was named for Albert Alonzo Durham, founder of the nearby town of Lake Oswego. Durham operated a sawmill and a flour mill on Fanno Creek, which flows through the city, from 1866 until his death in 1898. The site, located along the Boones Ferry Road to Portland, was originally known as Durhams Mills. In 1908, the Oregon Electric Railway established a stop called Durham at the location. Residents of the city voted for incorporation in 1966 to protect the location from industrialization of its residential areas. Today, the community is primarily residential.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.41 square miles (1.06 km2), all land. It sits at 197 feet (60 m) above sea-level.